Vampire Facials also known as Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facials is a skin care treatment in which your face is micro-needled and a mask is made out of your own blood and is spread all over your face to rejuvenate your skin. A lot of celebrities use this procedure to maintain their ageless look. Vampire facial is available in Kano, Nigeria at our MedSpa.
What is Vampire Facials?
PRP is derived when blood is centrifuged to separates it into three layers, plasma on top, platelets and white blood cell in the middle and red blood cells at the bottom. The middle layer is where serum portion is gotten from, also known as PRP. This platelet rich plasma is rich in platelets that are essential for wound healing and blood clotting. They stimulate collagen production to tackle wrinkles and improve scars. They also help to reduce pigmentation and overall improve the youthfulness of your face.
Benefits the Procedure
PRP is used to treat anything from wrinkles, black spots, certain forms of hyperpigmentation, acne scar and to improve overall skin glow and youthfulness. PRP when injected directly into scalp can also boost hair growth.
Process of Vampire Facial
1. Consultation: you will need to be seen first to assess your skin type and goals you want to achieve. Your medical history will be assessed and pre procedure tests and pictures taken. If you are fit then a day will be scheduled.
2. Collection of blood: About 10-20ml of blood will be taken from your body in an aseptic manner. The blood is place in special tubes that have appropriate nontoxic anticoagulants and gel activators.
3. Centrifuge: The blood is then placed in a centrifuge, which separates the blood into layers by rotating around a fixed axis. Then the platelet-rich plasma is extracted from the centrifuged blood.
4. Micro-needling: The face to be treated will be cleansed, in preparation for the facials. A numbing cream is applied before micro-needling device is used. The professional will gently glide a derma roller over the area to be treated, in order to penetrate the outer layer of the skin. The area to be treated is now coated with PRP then re-needling back into the skin for maximum effect. Needle size can vary from 0.5mm to 2.0mm depending on your skin type and goals.
5. Cleaning: The face is gently cleaned after the vampire mask has dried and a light open dressing is applied to soothe redness and irritation, then sunscreen is applied.
The whole process takes about 60 – 90 minutes and there is no downtime. Kindly stay out of the sun after treatment and you must always wear a sunscreen. Use gentle cleanser and cold water to cleanse the face twice a day for 72 hours post treatment and apply a gentle moisturizer. Do not apply any type of makeup. Do not take alcohol or blood thinners for at least 6 hours after and don’t go swimming for up to 2 weeks after the procedure. If you have a pet, prevent them from licking your face and treated areas. Use clean satin or silk pillowcases and change them often.
What are the side-effects?
There are rare issues that may arise from vampire facials, but choosing a certified and skilled practitioner will prevent complications from occurring. These includes increased pigmentation, scars from deep micro-needling, infection from latent herpes simplex virus (cold sores), bacterial infections. If you notice any issue contact your practitioner immediately.
How frequent can it be done?
The frequency of getting the procedure depends on your skin type and condition. It also depends on your skin goals. It can be done monthly to achieve your goals then done once every 3-4months. However, a discussion with your practitioner will draw out a plan to achieve your skin goals. Vampire facials can be combined with other procedure in your treatment plan to achieve the best outcomes.
What does it cost?
Vampire Facials cost ₦35,000:00 per session at our MedSpa. Have you considered getting the Vampire Facials? If yes, contact us via Whatsapp to book an appointment.